Friday 22 August 2014

Forbearance to Pain


Conversations always end up as starters, heading me with blank canvas towards a new direction. Being a part of a group as not active but passively listening to all. The steaming topic of discussion was getting inked to a tattoo with erratic pain level to all. Blink of a second I could relate to several different faces of the past, who have shared different experiences on the same. The Y which is ’Why’ never leaves me to rest. There has to be a reason why people experience different level of pain even when all are going through the same.

Pain tolerance is the maximum amount of pain someone can tolerate. Experts do not yet agree on why we have different levels of pain tolerance. Psychology might explain pain tolerance as a result of “mind over matter.” In fact, some people can even control their reaction to pain consciously. People can increase pain tolerance a number of ways. Some examples include stimulating positive emotions to override negative emotions during stressful situations, suppressing pain via distraction, or by training and conditioning the mind to focus attention elsewhere can help minimize pain.

Dodging all the other studies which weigh around Gender, Age, and Culture & Genetic. The psychological study which takes human behavior as prime makes it easy for us to learn the key for un-keying our self. Throughout my life I have been red faced to needles. Sight of it would make me turn my face to the opposite direction & getting a shot without hitting my voice till the roof was rare to see. My height & age had stopped protecting me so I decided to be brave. How much can you relate to the word ‘brave’? But for me that time it meant nothing less than uprooting a mountain. I knew I had a strong will power that was enough for me to get ignition than rest was history.

In this whole process I realized it’s just an act of ‘Mind over Matter’. If we stop feeding our self with negativity we can do wonders. I have felt it, done it & experienced it. No blind fold approach I’m talking about. The power of our thoughts are so strong we our-self do not know….

Mahatma Gandhi ‘A man is but a product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes…’



No comments:

Post a Comment